Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Night at Britanny Bay

Last night we went out. Past 8 it was.

He asked me to choose where I wanted to go for that coffee. As usual, I wanted to defer the deciding to him. When confronted with a question of "where do you like t0...want to...." my mind automatically hangs. It freezes and decides it doesn't want to decide. Wonder why.


Mostly, I don't want to be a bother. I still carry that wounded archaic notion of my inner child, "I'm just a bother." Silly and irritating but I can't help it. It creeps unexpectedly from nowhere. The way a multitude of my other idiosyncrasies do.

I grappled for awhile. The mere thought weighed heavy. Then I heaved uncertainly, " probably Britanny Bay or Westgate.....the little donut shop there? "

"Please make up your mind, I have to make a turn soon,"he went.

"Ok...Britanny," I replied.

So we had coffee overlooking the bay, making out the faint flutter and flicker of boat lights from afar. Cappuccino from Figaro.

I was wearing an old gray shirt and jeans plus my sneakers. Not the pic shown here. Nothing fantastic. I made for the loo' one time but didn't bother to brush my hair.

- January 21, 2009

No comments:

A Peek Into My Life